Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Pre-made Meals

So I have fallen in love with freezer meals!! When I get home from work I never feel like cooking and we have been spending way too much eating out. I decided to try out making my meals ahead of time and it has been amazing! I started with a freezer meal program from Moani Burk and made dinners for a month. It was so nice to come home and just heat up a wonderful meal. The prep day takes a lot of work but it is so worth it. I am buying my own copy of the program now. You can go through and pick your meals and print out recipes and grocery list.
Well now that dinners are so easy, I thought why can't we do this with all of our meals? Last week I made freezer breakfast burritos. They were super easy and we loved having such a great breakfast to take to work. Here is the website where I got the recipe... click here
Well this week we have decided to try taking lunch to work instead of eating out. I saw an awesome post on Pinterest about salads in a jar. You can make a weeks worth of salads up on Sunday night, put them in separate jars in the fridge, then just grab one each morning. They are supposed to stay good all week. Here is the site where I got the idea if you want to read more or see how its done... click here.  John was an amazing husband today and pretended to be as excited as I was about it. We made homemade salad dressings and assembled our salads this afternoon. They look so awesome that I just felt the need to share them with all of you!




We made (in order of pics) Caesar, Italian, Ranch, and Apple Pecan w/ Balsamic. I am super excited to try them all. I tried the dressings as I made them and they were so yummy. I'm not sure the will last as long as they said but I will let you all know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment